Monetas is looking for experienced software engineers to join the Q/A team. Responsibilities:
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our digital finance platform
- Work with the development teams to automate testing.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Excellent coding skills in Python (skills in C++ or Go are a bonus)
- experience with automation in a cloud computing setting
If successful, you will be testing the software in the Open Transactions  and voting pools [2,3] eco-system.
NB: we are a distributed organisation and applications by remote candidates are welcome. We do not sponsor relocations to Switzerland at this time however.
To apply please send your CV to:
careers AT monetas DOT net.
The OpenQuake project is looking to hire two Python developers (one in Zürich/Switzerland, the other in Pavia/Italy).
We are a global and public project, do our development in accordance with agile principles and all our code is open.
Please see  and  below for more details on what we do.
In case you are interested, please send me an email (
linux.com) with your date of availability, your CV as well as some (python) code samples.
1 Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct 5 2008, 19:29:17)
2 [GCC 4.3.2] on linux2
3 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
5 >>> def f(*args):
6 ... print ' '.join([str(a) for a in args])
8 >>> f(1,2,3)
9 1 2 3
10 >>> f(1,*(2,3))
11 1 2 3
12 >>> f(*(1,2),3)
13 File "<stdin>", line 1
16 SyntaxError: invalid syntax